The lack of nutrition in someone’s body also causes the body to not accept and absorb it in the blood stream and the deficiency of nutrition can lead to many diseases and problems and will demand an autoimmune result.
- A very important antioxidant Selenium is needed in our body as antioxidants fight against harmful oxygen carrying agents like hydrogen peroxide. Lack of Selenium in body will let the toxic oxygen agents roam in the body and these agents cause quite harmful effect on thyroid glands and results in Hashimoto’s. They are active when iodine is processed in the body hence; lack of selenium is a way for hydrogen peroxide to harm our body.
Vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene (vitamin A precursor), and minerals manganese are also some other antioxidants which can be taken. Though there is daily intake allotted to antioxidants but it is quite less so a 200mcg of selenium per day for 3 months can help a person overcome the thyroid antibodies greatly.
- Hypochlorhydria achlorhydria or low acid in stomach occurs it causes problem like heartburn, bloating and heaviness in stomach. There is major issue that is the lack of acid in stomach will cause trouble in the digestion of protein. It will also not be able to break down the large molecule and foods in our body, hence, the proper digestion won’t take place and you will also start facing deficiency in other nutrition like zinc, protein and etc. Lemon juice, apple cedar vinegar, Betaine with Pepsin also helps in producing the acid.
- Next comes B12 and the lack of it will cause anemia, poor digestion, inflammation in body and lack of development in villi which stores enzyme for our body. A person who is found to suffering from Hashimoto’s and low acid will have higher chances of having deficiency of B12. Food like meat, dairy products and fish will help you get the nourishments and those who are vegetarian are advised to have supplements.
- Another on our list is Zinc, it is another very important mineral that our body needs as it works with various enzymes, plays a role in cell, protein synthesis, and DNA making. Our body doesn’t make zinc and hence it has a demand of storing zinc as it is essential in healing wounds, detox process and for the thyroid. Moreover, Zinc is demanded for producing TSH and in patients suffering from hypothyroidism will produce quite a lot of TSH and hence, will start getting deficient in zinc and the less the amount of zinc the less a body would be more prone to infections. Zinc can be taken from meats or the supplements.
- Lastly, we have to talk about iron as RBCs are made through them, like zinc our body doesn’t produce iron and hence needs to save it and ferretin in our body is where the iron is stored. The lack of iron in the body cause issues like hair loss in those who are in premenopause stage. There are various reasons why iron can be less in a body and some are because of the intake of supplements for other substances. Furthermore during pregnancy and periods there is a good amount of iron lost, so checking up the and getting supplements is important.